Roadmap for Regional Victoria Announced
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has this afternoon outlined a roadmap out of Covid-19 restrictions for regional areas.
Today the state recorded a further 63 new cases of Covid-19, in a slight milestone active cases in regional areas fell below 100, with 98 active cases remaining.
WHAT IT MEANS - From 11:59pm on September 13 - Regional Victoria will move to the second step of easing.
- Only leave home for 4 reasons: school or work (if these can not be done from home), care or caregiving, to purchase essentials, exercise
- Public gatherings: up to 5 people from a maximum of 2 households can meet outdoors for social interaction (infants under 12 months of age are not included in the cap)
- Visitors to the home: "Single person bubble" 1 nominated visitor if living alone/single parent (all children under 18)
- Childcare: is open to all children
- Schools return: to onsite learning from Term 4 with safety measures, All VCE and VCAL students attend onsite for the GAT on October 5.
- Outdoor: exercise and recreation allowed, pools and playgrounds in regional Victoria will also open.
- Food: Restaurants and cafes open for takeaway and delivery only
- Retail: open, with density and other restrictions, hairdressing open
- Weddings: allowed with up to 5 people (including the couple, two wtinesses and a celebrant)
- Funerals: allowed with up to 10 people
More detail can be found on at www.vic.gov.au/roadmap, a graphic can also be seen below.